Bishops Curry an 11-year-old boy looks for ways to fix the things about big picture problems even from natural problems to civil rights. He always loves to tinker. His dad said.
That’s why I did not wonder to Bishops when he is invented a something new for resolving one big problem after seeing one local news of 6-month-old baby girl who is died when he is left in the hot car.
Bishops told NBC News about his invention, “I was like, and ‘This would be my one-way shot to actually helping people,”
So Bishops make a mock-up of this device that would automatically activate when the child left alone in a hot car. The device would attach to the car seat or headrest and it alert parents’ phone and police. It will alert all until help arrived.
He named this device “Oasis.”
“ It’s like texting, but without emojis, ”Bishops said.
His dad is an engineer at Toyota said: “My thought was, ‘Why isn’t this in stores now?’”. Toyota was also impressed by Bishop’s idea and they sent him and his dad for a safety conference in Michigan. The good thing is that Bishop did not forget the tragedy that inspired his invention.
The 6-month-old baby girl named Fern who had died in an overheated car lived near the house of Bishops. Bishops daily passed from her house because that was on the way to his school. After this tragic incident bishop met with baby’s parents. He said that “they really supported me. They didn’t want anything like that to happen to any other families.”
According to the study of advocacy center, there are 804 children have died due to heat-related illness in cars in the U.S. and about 55 percent of those cases, the parents were unaware the child was In the car.
Supporters of this device have denoted up to $31,000 to an online fund for the development of this device. So it is expected that Oasis may be inching closer to becoming a reality.
Bishop’s dad said “People are donating to a belief. A belief that the world that can change through one child”.